Effective Date: June 19, 2018
YOUR CONSENT TO THIS POLICY
By continuing to use or visit Sand and Surf’s website located at SandandSurf.com, including all associated pages and material (“Site”), you agree and accept the terms of this Policy. If you do not agree with this Policy, please do not access or use our Site.
WHAT IS PERSONAL DATA
Generally, personal data is information that can reasonably be used to identify or contact a person, like a person’s name, home address, or phone number. Some jurisdictions, like the European Union, may include IP addresses and location data as well as factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of a person within the scope of personal data.
PERSONAL DATA AND OTHER INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We and our third party providers collect personal data and other information from you in two ways: (1) voluntarily provided by you; or (2) automatically collected by us from your use of the Site.
Voluntarily provided by you.
We collect personal data and other information that you voluntarily provide to us. Here are some examples.
- Subscribing to our Email Newsletter: When you subscribe to our email newsletter, you voluntarily provide us and our third party provider MailChimp with your first and last name as well as your email address.
- Communicating with Us: You also may provide us information—like your name, email address, and other information—when you email us a question about a post, topic, or product.
- Participating in our Giveaways or Other Promotions: From time to time, we may conduct giveaways or other promotions for the brands and products we love. To participate, we may ask that you provide us with your name and email address. And if you win, we may need to collect other information, like your shipping address, in order to send you the prize.
Automatically collected by us.
WHY WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
We use your personal data and other information for many reasons discussed below, all of which are aimed at providing you with a better Site, product, and services:
- To maintain our Site.
- To further develop and improve our Site.
- To monitor and analyze trends so we can better understand how users interact with our Site and provide better, more relevant content.
- To provide giveaways and other promotions.
- To provide relevant, tailored advertising.
- To measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our tailored advertising.
- To monitor and prevent any problems with our Site.
- To provide security and detect illegal activities.
- To communicate with you and provide quality customer service.
- To personalize your experience using our Site.
LEGAL GROUNDS FOR COLLECTING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We rely on various legal grounds to collect your personal data, including:
- our legitimate interests in the effective delivery of information and services to you;
- explicit consent that you have given; and/or
- legal obligations.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION WITH OTHERS
We do not sell your private personal data. However, we may share your personal data and other information about you in certain limited circumstances identified below:
- Our Subsidiaries, Employees, and Independent Contractors: We may disclose your personal data and other information to our subsidiaries, employees, and independent contractors who need the information to perform their duties and help us provide a better Site to you.
- Our Third-Party Vendors and Service Providers: We may also provide your personal data and other information to third party vendors and service providers hired by us to assist with our Site and provide services such as analytics, affiliate marketing, and interest-based advertising.
- Acquisition, Merger, or Sale of Assets: In the event of any merger, sale of our assets, or acquisition of our business by another company, personal data and other information would likely be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party.
- Court Order or Other Legal Obligation: We may disclose your personal data and other information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- To Protect the rights, property, or safety of our business, our clients, customers, employees, or others: This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection, information security, and other related matters.
The Site has reasonable and appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial security measures in place to prevent the loss, misuse, and alteration of your personal data. However, we cannot make any guarantees or warranties regarding the safety of your personal data.
We retain your personal information as necessary for the duration of the purpose outlined in this Policy. It may also be necessary to retain your personal data for longer periods to comply with any legal obligations, enforce our agreements, or resolve disputes.
YOUR CHOICES AND ACCESS
You have choices about how to limit or block the collection of your information as well as to review, modify, or delete your personal information.
- Reviewing, Modifying, and Deleting Your Personal Data: If you would like to review, modify, or delete the personal data we have collected from you such as your name or email address, you can email us at Debbie@SandandSurf.com.
- California Residents. If you are a California resident, you can request a notice disclosing the categories of personal data we have shared with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, if any. To request a notice, please submit your request by email to: Debbie@SandandSurf.com.
- Set Your Browser to Reject or Limit Cookies: On your browser, you can choose to remove or reject cookies before using our Site. However, if you do so, our Site may not function properly or provide you with the smoothest experience. For more details, see aboutcookies.org.
- Limiting Access to Information on Your Mobile Device: Also, your mobile device should provide you with various options to limit our ability to collect stored information or location information.
- Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-On: Google provides website visitors the ability to prevent their data from being used by Google Analytics. For more information about how you can opt-out of Google Analytics click here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- Interest-Based Advertising Opt-Out. You can opt-out of Interest-Based Advertising with members of the Network Advertising Initiative. For more information, visit http://www.networkadvertising.org./
- Do Not Track. Our Site does not support Do Not Track at this time. Do Not Track is a privacy preference that you can set in your web browser to indicate that you do not want certain information about your webpage visits collected across websites when you have not interacted with that service on the page. For all the details, including how to turn on Do Not Track, visit donottrack.us.
The European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) bestows various rights to residents or data subjects in the European Union. Such rights include:
- requesting a copy of personal data we hold about you;
- asking that we update the personal data we hold about you, or independently correct such personal data that you think is incorrect or incomplete;
- asking that we delete personal data that we hold about you from live systems, or restrict the way in which we use such personal data (for information on deletion of your account, see the “Your Choices and Access” section);
- requesting portability of your personal data;
- objecting to our collecting of your personal data;
- withdrawing your consent to our collecting of your personal data (to the extent such collecting is based on consent and consent is the only permissible basis for collecting); and/or
- bringing a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
Our Site is directed to residents of the United States, specifically Los Angeles, California. However, if you would like further information about the GDPR rights and whether they apply to you and your use of our Site, you may email us at Debbie@SandandSurf.com.
HEALTH AND SENSITIVE INFORMATION
Sand and Surf does not knowingly collect or utilize any sensitive health-related information, such as, for example, information related to past or present medical conditions or prescriptions. Also, we do not knowingly collect or utilize any personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, genetic or biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying an individual, or data concerning an individual’s health or sexual orientation.
Our website may contain links to other websites provided by third parties not under our control. When following a link and providing information to a third-party website, please be aware that we are not responsible for the data provided to that third party. This Policy only applies to our Site, so when you visit other websites, even when you click on a link posted on our Site, you should read their own privacy policies. This includes all social media platforms and plug-ins as well as advertisements, and all other links found on our Site.
We are a general audience site, and do not direct any of our content specifically at children under 13 years of age. We understand and are committed to respecting the sensitive nature of children’s privacy online. If we learn or have reason to suspect that a Site user is under age 13, we will promptly delete any personal information in that user’s account.
U.S. RESIDENTS ONLY; INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
Our Site and the information on it is intended for use and access by United States residents only, specifically Los Angeles, California residents. We do not directly or indirectly market to, seek, target, or otherwise try to entice users or visitors residing in the European Economic Area (EEA) or any jurisdiction outside of the U.S. In the event that you view or use our Site while outside of the United States, such as while in the EEA, you consent to the transfer of such information across country borders, and to the use, processing, and disclosure of such information in global locations, including those that may have different levels of privacy protection than in your own country. Further, you consent that the collection of your personal data will be governed by the laws of California and the United States.
We reserve the right, at any time, to add to, change, update, or modify this Policy, simply by posting such change on the Site and without any other notice to you. Any such change will be effective immediately upon posting on the Site. It is your responsibility to review this Policy from time to time to ensure that you continue to agree with all of its terms.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at the following email: Debbie@SandandSurf.com.